SEVERN TRENT VOLUNTEERING
We have been working with volunteers from Severn Trent to improve the river environment as part of their corporate volunteering programme open to all employees.
So far, Severn Trent volunteers have worked with us to:
- Thin trees along the brooks around Huthwaite and Alfreton to let in more light for wildlife such as water voles and kingfishers
- Clear invasive Himalayan Balsam from Coppice Brook in Belper and from the River Mease
- Clear scrub at Great Glen Wild Space in Leicestershire to enhance the area for local communities
We are looking forward to many more exciting volunteering days where Severn Trent employees will work with us across the Trent catchment to make a difference for rivers.
PROJECTS YOU CAN LEND A HELPING HAND TO INCLUDE:
If you live in the area on the MAP, there is plenty to get involved in, including:
- Improving river habitat
- River-Friendly Business Awards
- Improving access to the brooks
- Build your own rain garden at home or at work
- Monitor water quality and river bugs
- Outfall safari – finding and recording every pipe entering their brook
- Streams of Wool – with wildlife-themed decorations along brooks coinciding with Ripley’s Wool Bomb (May 18th to June 2nd)
- Brook walks
- Photography, film making and other creative brook-themed art
Then contact Julie on 07827 667888 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information of how you can get involved.