GET INVOLVED BY VOLUNTEERING WITH TRT
Volunteers are a vital part of our organisation and we could not achieve the improvements to the rivers in the Trent Catchment without their help.
Our volunteers tell us they enjoy working with us because the day gives them:
- A sense of personal satisfaction
- Pride in a local project to protect and improve their local river or stream
- New skills and knowledge
- A new social network
- Lots of fun!
To date, volunteers have worked with us to:
- Clear Himalayan Balsam from the River Mease and Coppice Brook in Belper
- Remove litter from the Mease and its tributaries in Ashby and Measham
- Manage woodland next to streams and rivers to allow more light for flora and fauna
We have opportunities for volunteers of all ages and abilities, with roles for those wanting to be inside or outside. So if you would like to GET INVOLVED and volunteer with TRT, please send a message to email@example.com telling us how and where you would like to volunteer. We look forward to hear from you!
PROJECTS YOU CAN LEND A HELPING HAND TO INCLUDE:
If you live in the area on the MAP, there is plenty to get involved in, including:
- Improving river habitat
- River-Friendly Business Awards
- Improving access to the brooks
- Build your own rain garden at home or at work
- Monitor water quality and river bugs
- Outfall safari – finding and recording every pipe entering their brook
- Streams of Wool – with wildlife-themed decorations along brooks coinciding with Ripley’s Wool Bomb (May 18th to June 2nd)
- Brook walks
- Photography, film making and other creative brook-themed art
Then contact Julie on 07827 667888 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information of how you can get involved.